Sign in
Ankit panchal

1 comment

Nikolozi Chikhladze
Nikolozi Chikhladze
Mar 26, 2023

Can’t agree with the flutters current state - the idea of getting SKIA world instead of already worked on solutions which iOS and Android systems made after such a long period of time is not working well for flutter technology: for the moment of typing this flutter has 11 323 issues. 11 323 Carl! This amount no way viable and stable for a reliable framework for application development. On the other hand react native has only 1 897, which I would say is also not that good, BUT x6 times less by any means. The only pro of flutter from my perspective is the ability to develop applications for TV’s as well, which react native lacks at this point, but should it actually be that much cross platform? Don’t think so, framework should focus on it’s main concept, in my opinion, and not try to get as much of different use cases as flutter does at this time.

Regarding OOP, for sure there are tons of developers, but even the OOP concept is so much overrated that it shouldn’t be raised as a high pro for a technology.

With the last updates of react native architecture the main bottleneck which was the bridge is also getting eliminated ended with the straight use of platform API’s via c++ which can’t be forgotten as a father of a performant code.

Seeing the hype over flutter is really something I don’t understand due to the listed stuff, RN looks much more reliable for a new business, it also has native modules if you need something more, and JS as a monstrous language having package for almost anything you might want to use.

·