Nikki Eke

36 likes

·

397 reads

7 comments

Randal L. Schwartz
Randal L. Schwartz
Feb 10, 2023

This article really should have been updated for riverpod 2.0, and only covered Provider, StreamProvider, and the various combinations of Notifier and AsyncNotifier. The legacy providers are still supported, but moving everything to the modern notifier/provider and generated providers makes riverpod so much easier to deal with.

·
·3 replies
Nikki Eke
Nikki Eke
Author
·Feb 11, 2023

Yes. There is a follow-up article for that currently in the works. Because this is an article for beginners, I thought it wise to take them through all the available Providers in Riverpod. This is just the first part of the document. Thank you for your feedback and for pointing that out.

·
Randal L. Schwartz
Randal L. Schwartz
Feb 11, 2023

Nikki Eke Even Remi suggests that these legacy providers are confusing to the newcomer, and we should stick with just Provider, [Async]Notifier[Provider], and for now, StreamProvider, and move quickly to using the generator. Keep it simple but fully functional for the beginners.

·
Nikki Eke
Nikki Eke
Author
·Feb 11, 2023

Oh. I didn't know this. I was under the impression that the complete knowledge of all the providers will be of help to those learning to use Riverpod as that is what is available on the docs. But considering what you have just shared, I will focus on those that will be of most help to beginners in the follow-up article I'm working on. Thank you very much.Randal L. Schwartz

·
Queen Benedict
Queen Benedict
Feb 14, 2023

Now I wish I knew flutter, so I could relate to the article better. : ( Welldone Nikki!!

·
·1 reply
Nikki Eke
Nikki Eke
Author
·Feb 14, 2023

awwwn. Thank you for reading through, Queen. I appreciate.

·
phadungpon pattana
phadungpon pattana
Apr 18, 2023

Good

·