Chidera Chukwuka
Jul 11, 2022

Nice

·
Shailesh Kumar
Shailesh Kumar
Jul 15, 2022

Hi Girish,

I just published my first article on Hashnode with GitHub integration and it is quite helpful. I am proficient with Markdown and RestructuredText but have always struggled with sites like medium for tech writing.

There were a couple of issues I could not figure out while publishing through GitHub.

How to add images?

• It is not clear if the cover photo URL has to come from a public source. I ended up making my hashnode-articles repository public and then using the full URL of the image I placed in the repository in the cover metadata field. Is it not possible to use a relative path within the GITHUB repo for cover image?
  • How to add images within the Markdown article? My attempt was to use the standard Markdown syntax
    ![caption](./image-path.png)

This was displaying fine in the Markdown preview on GitHub but didn't work in the published article. Do I need to provide full URL for every image that I wish to include in the article?
·
·3 replies
Girish Patil
Girish Patil
Author
·Jul 15, 2022

Thanks for trying it out, and I hope it helps. The image needs to be uploaded to hashnode.com/uploader and use that URL in the markdown or even for post cover image (this is mentioned in the instructions and also in the template repository github.com/Hashnode/Hashnode-source-from-g…) I think it needs to be highlighted more, thanks for pointing it out.

·
Shailesh Kumar
Shailesh Kumar
Jul 15, 2022

Girish Patil Thanks. Yes, this serves my purpose. Yes, I somehow missed it while reading the README from the template repo.

·
Benny Ifeanyi Iheagwara
Benny Ifeanyi Iheagwara
Jul 28, 2022

Hi Girish Patil I tried it but my images dont display as well..

I tried using the hashnode.com/uploader but still doesn't work.

Here is the Github file: github.com/Bennykillua/Hashnode/blob/main/…

Here is the post: benny.hashnode.dev/share-your-cookies

·
Zach Gover
Zach Gover
Jul 28, 2022

I'm more intrigued to learn how Hashnode monetizes the blogging platform to earn not only enough revenue to host without GH and serve the content, but also enough to be hiring for numerous roles?

I don't see paid options let alone any enterprise packages for the platform, paid advertising/advertisements, partnering opportunities or other capabilities to enable business development.

·
Yudha Islami Sulistya
Yudha Islami Sulistya
Nov 25, 2022

how add to the suuport table of content via GitHub ?

·
·2 replies
Girish Patil
Girish Patil
Author
·Nov 25, 2022

Hello, It’s currently not supported. It’s in our pipeline.

·
Yudha Islami Sulistya
Yudha Islami Sulistya
Nov 25, 2022

Girish Patil thanks sir, there is a possibility that it will be updated later?

·
Chibogu Chisom
Chibogu Chisom
Nov 30, 2022

aaaamazzziiingggg

·
Christine Belzie
Christine Belzie
Jan 14, 2023

Thanks for writing this post! I plan on trying this out! 😄

·
Ashutosh Krishna
Ashutosh Krishna
Jan 29, 2023

Hi Girish

I tried this it's cool. But, I am not able to use an image that is already uploaded on Cloudinary.

·