Rizel Scarlett

134 likes

·

846 reads

10 comments

Developer Avocado
Developer Avocado
Jul 7, 2022

Another great and clear article! I 100% agree on every aspect of it. Sorry about your experiences with angry people on the internet Rizel Scarlett

·
Carlos Armando Marcano Vargas
Carlos Armando Marcano Vargas
Jul 6, 2022

Thanks for sharing this. I totally understand about unsolicited mean feedback, a lot of people like to ignore that there is a human being on the other side.

·
·1 reply
Rizel Scarlett
Rizel Scarlett
Author
·Jul 7, 2022

Thanks for reading and understanding! Yeah they totally forget. I don't take it too heart too hard because there are so many people that still leave, positive or constructive comments like you! But I still want people to know how they're affecting me and others.

·
Nicole Harris
Nicole Harris
Jul 7, 2022

Thanks for sharing your experience Rizel Scarlett.

·
The Overaged Developer
The Overaged Developer
Jul 7, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to write this article, Rizel. I found it informative, painting a clear picture of what one might expect in such a role.

Sorry to hear about your experiences with mean folks on the internet. I hope it doesn't get to you too much.

·
Rafael B. Pires
Rafael B. Pires
Jul 7, 2022

Wow Rizel! It's been a while since I've read such a rich article. This is pure gold ✨ You managed to condense so much in just one piece I'll have to take sometime to unpack it. You're a talented writer as well as a great observer, a very powerful combination. I can't thank you enough for taking the time, putting the effort and gathering the courage to share your experience with us with so much openness. You gave me a lot to think about!

·
·1 reply
Rizel Scarlett
Rizel Scarlett
Author
·Jul 12, 2022

Thank you Rafael! Your comment was a confidence booster.

·
Sumit Saurabh
Sumit Saurabh
Jul 7, 2022

I absolutely love this article Rizel.

As someone who's looking to break into DevRel soon, I can't emphasize just how much I enjoyed reading this.

Pure delight! 🧡

·
Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
Jul 8, 2022

That was an excellent write up, and I can resonate with most of these points...

I think you're doing an amazing work, keep it up :)

·
Candy
Candy
Jul 12, 2022

Enjoyed reading this and learned quite a bit about the developer advocate role from your perspective. Also liked that alternatives for the role were listed.

·