Tom Kavanagh

55 likes

·

3.5K reads

2 comments

Zayd Simjee
Zayd Simjee
Jun 26, 2021

Great mini-guide, Tom! Running lamp stacks in docker has so many benefits, one of which is that since Linux is one of the core features of the stack, with docker you can lock down an exact version of Linux that’s portable and will work the same on different machines.

The portability that comes with docker is great, specially when it comes to cloud deployments. Once this step is complete, you could instantly launch the service on multiple nodes, or if it’s architected in a specific way, on a serverless technology that requires basically no time spent controlling infra.

Kudos!

·
Paul Lange
Paul Lange
Feb 6, 2022

So I take this as a lamp stack that actually is available on the net. Hosted locally. So that web page that short if put on a domain name can be pulled up from any internet connected device.

I am just starting in LAMP...(I guess you can tell) so it seems local environment in this example uses apache configured for web server service. It seems you need one LAMP like that and a separate for Development/Test/Staging Environments

How do you configure it for the Development/Test/Staging Environments?

Or can you do that and I get that one as well?

·