Sign in
Phiter Fernandes

92 likes

1.1K reads

11 comments

Lu铆sa Ribeiro Bezerra
Lu铆sa Ribeiro Bezerra
Mar 22, 2021

WOW CONGRATS! This post is extremely necessary and important, mainly because it is not required by many companies - and it is something totally empathetic and NEEDED! I hope you keep writing, I loved your post and it is extremely well written. Sharing rn! :D

My tip: Chakra UI is an awesome component library for React. It boasts accessibility and speed, alongside theme-ablility and reuse 馃挏

1 reply
Phiter Fernandes
Phiter Fernandes
Author
Mar 22, 2021

Thanks for the tip, Lu铆sa!

It is indeed important and some companies are starting to catch on, which is great for everyone.

Hopefully, this will soon be considered a natural and important part of product design not only by companies but developers and designers too.

Thanks for the motivation for writing this! Looking forward to your next blog post 馃

Sandeep Panda Test
Sandeep Panda Test
Mar 22, 2021

This is a great post! Loved reading this. :) We are working on improving accessibility score of Hashnode, and all the blogs. I would say if one just follows the tips presented in this article, they can easily take their score to 100.

1 reply
Phiter Fernandes
Phiter Fernandes
Author
Mar 22, 2021

Hi Sandeep! Thanks for your comment. I've been enjoying the platform so far, and I'm glad you guys are working on improving accessibility support.

The last tip I gave here is to use Axe, this tool is amazing and I'm sure it can help you guys achieve this goal!

Edidiong Asikpo (Didi)
Edidiong Asikpo (Didi)
Mar 22, 2021

I learned a lot about accessibility in this article. Thanks for sharing it Phiter Fernandes.

Kelechi P. Nwachukwu
Kelechi P. Nwachukwu
Mar 22, 2021

I love this!馃樆 If we put the A11Y( people with disabilities) into consideration when designing/developing a product or service, it ends up making an inclusive better user experience for everyone else.

Catalin Pit
Catalin Pit
Mar 22, 2021

Amazing article, and intro to web accessibility!

Just followed you! 馃檹

Kieran Roberts jkbasjkbfbjaksbfjbjasbfjbdsjkfb
Kieran Roberts jkbasjkbfbjaksbfjbjasbfjbdsjkfb

Loved this article thanks Phiter Fernandes. Very important for devs to know this stuff. Never noticed the color contrast checker in devtools before.

DEVMOTIV
DEVMOTIV
Mar 22, 2021

Good mention of Axe devTools and color contrast checker!

Bruno Pulis
Bruno Pulis
Mar 22, 2021

Great stuff my padawan! I'm so proud that during the project you were able to absorb a lot of things about a11y.

Let's go ahead and build a world that is more accessible to everyone. <3

Jacklyn Rose
Jacklyn Rose
Mar 28, 2021

Brilliant tips!

An important one too is to do testing and consider UX by using and getting to know accessibility tools like Voice Over or NVDA, especially before/when considering applying any ARIA attributes.