Kristopher Guzman

101 likes

·

5.4K reads

11 comments

Roger Minton
Roger Minton
Dec 3, 2020

Great article Kris! I am definitely going to be looking more into atom design! Cant wait for the next part!

·
·2 replies
Kristopher Guzman
Kristopher Guzman
Author
·Dec 3, 2020

Thanks a bunch!

·
Kristopher Guzman
Kristopher Guzman
Author
·Dec 5, 2020

Appreciate it!

·
Gaston Morales
Gaston Morales
Dec 3, 2020

That was awesome articule, Kris, you aren't so dumb after all haha, best regards dude!

·
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Dec 5, 2020

Cool concept Kris! Can't wait for part 2! 🤓

·
·2 replies
Kristopher Guzman
Kristopher Guzman
Author
·Dec 5, 2020

Thanks! Much appreciated

·
Kristopher Guzman
Kristopher Guzman
Author
·Dec 9, 2020
·
psanchezmvelarde
psanchezmvelarde
Dec 3, 2020

This makes sense when you are building simple applications, but when you project involves a lot of business logic sometimes it is not that easy to abstract components. I usually use an approach of structuring my components hierarchically, separating UI common components, of course. This way parent components have their own directories with their specific children components inside.

What is your opinion on this method?

Nice article any ways! Good job!

·
·1 reply
Kristopher Guzman
Kristopher Guzman
Author
·Dec 3, 2020

I'm glad you mentioned this! Abstraction certainly is difficult at times. Even further, sometimes there are components that only exist in 1 place, and it doesn't make sense to abstract them.

What I usually do is one of two things:

A. Create a sub "components" folder in the "pages" folder. These components ONLY exist within that page, and it makes it very easy to differentiate between shared components and one-off components.

B. Create a "domains" folder, which contains business logic heavy, not-so-reusable components. This is much like the approach you mentioned.

I think I did a poor job of explaining how to scale this type of project structure, but I plan on clarifying all that in a "part 2" article. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Tadeu Agostini
Tadeu Agostini
Dec 7, 2020

Part 2, now! Please.

·
·1 reply
Kristopher Guzman
Kristopher Guzman
Author
·Dec 9, 2020

Thanks for reading! Just released part 2 here: dev.krisguzman.com/better-way-to-structure…

·