Tommi Urtti

47 likes

286 reads

6 comments

Chris Bongers
Chris Bongers
Nov 18, 2020

So awesome!

Loving your app as well, you state I might need to pivot away from the app store why is that?

1 reply
Tommi Urtti
Tommi Urtti
Author
Nov 18, 2020

Well, you know how the iOS App Store is these days. Packed from edge to edge to with software done by big companies with large dev and marketing budgets.

It鈥檚 pretty hard to get discovered or even stand out there. Not impossible of course, but certainly not easy.

Compared to that, the Mac App Store has had relatively few apps so it鈥檚 easier to get discovered. Now with the M1 chips iOS apps will flood the Mac App Store, so I鈥檓 afraid that might change.

Edidiong Asikpo (Didi)
Edidiong Asikpo (Didi)
Nov 18, 2020

This is fantastic news Tommi Urtti. Congratulations.

1 reply
Tommi Urtti
Tommi Urtti
Author
Nov 18, 2020

Thanks Edidiong! Still small streams, but who knows if there鈥檚 a river around the bend.

Braydon Coyer
Braydon Coyer
Nov 18, 2020

Fantastic job! Congrats!

I started my development career building iOS apps back in 2011. If you don't have thousands of dollars to dedicate to marketing endeavors, it can be extremely difficult to get traction flowing to your app; especially because Apple tends to give special treatment to larger AAA companies.

I'm glad the Mac App Store is treating you well - and I hope it continues!

1 reply
Tommi Urtti
Tommi Urtti
Author
Nov 18, 2020

Thanks Brayden!

I guess you always got to be ready to adapt right? I鈥檓 fortunate enough to have developed a well rounded palette of engineering skills from apps to embedded and web, so if something stops working just got to skate where the puck is going.

I do enjoy making Mac apps the most atm anyway.