Anjal Binayak
Anjal Binayak
Jul 11, 2020

Awesome Blog , really nice

Β·
Jatin Rao
Jatin Rao
Jul 10, 2020

Thanks, Victoria for writing this blog :)

I'm also starting in blogging but get struck with that perfectionism syndrome. I've also taken #2Articles1Week challenge in order to improve my skills as a developer & blogger.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Jul 10, 2020

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed reading it! I hope we can overcome our perfectionism in this challenge together~

Β·
Yassine BENNKHAY
Yassine BENNKHAY
Apr 27, 2021

I just started out, check my blog, any feedback?

Β·
Β·2 replies
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Apr 27, 2021

Lovely! I recommend adding an About page too so readers can get to know you :)

Check out this article for some inspiration

Β·
Yassine BENNKHAY
Yassine BENNKHAY
Apr 27, 2021

Thanks a lot!Victoria Lo

Β·
Nishant Mittal
Nishant Mittal
Jul 11, 2020

It was an awesome read. Thanks for writing this.

Β·
Richard Harris
Richard Harris
Jul 10, 2020

Very helpful! Thx for sharing :) I'm still learning but I want to write someday too.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Jul 10, 2020

No worries! Take your time :)

Β·
Ahmed Sadman Muhib
Ahmed Sadman Muhib
May 22, 2021

Really loving all your articles. Btw, can you tell me how you have added the custom header image on the top in your home page?

Β·
Β·2 replies
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·May 23, 2021

Hi Ahmad Moussawi, thanks for reading. You can edit anything about your blog in the Blog Dashboard.

Example: image.png

Β·
Ahmed Sadman Muhib
Ahmed Sadman Muhib
May 23, 2021

Victoria Lo Great. Thank you. I'm also new to blogging and trying to build a presence in Hashnode :)

Β·
Ruth Ikegah
Ruth Ikegah
Jul 10, 2020

This was very informative Victoria. I recently started blogging and I prefer writing in the simplest terms, overtime I have improved . Here's a link to my blog: ruthie.hashnode.dev And yes I am taking the challenge too!

Β·
Β·2 replies
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Jul 10, 2020

Thanks! Let's stay motivated for the challenge together! :)

Β·
Ruth Ikegah
Ruth Ikegah
Jul 10, 2020

sure!

Β·
Eryou
Eryou
Jul 11, 2020

"It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes but an even wiser man to learn from others." - Chinese Proverb

Good article. That's Chinese for β€œθ§θ΄€ζ€ι½οΌŒθ§δΈθ΄€θ€Œε†…θ‡ͺηœδΉŸβ€ 😊

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Jul 11, 2020

ζ˜Žη™½δΊ†θ°’θ°’ :)

Β·
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Jul 11, 2020

Great article, thank you for writing this! :)

For me, writing always comes down to accountability, and the freedom to express new ideas I've learned each day or week.

Β·
Johnpaul (Ndubuisi) Ugwulo
Johnpaul (Ndubuisi) Ugwulo
Jul 12, 2020

great piece Victoria, This is very apt!

Β·
Aman Kumar
Aman Kumar
Dec 27, 2020

It was worth reading, thanks Victoria Lo 😊 for writing this.

Β·
Bolaji Ayodeji
Bolaji Ayodeji
Jul 10, 2020

Thanks for writing this amazing piece :)

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Jul 10, 2020

You're welcome! I'm glad you like it!

Β·
Opene Victoria
Opene Victoria
Jul 10, 2020

Thanks a lot for this Victoria.

Β·
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Jul 11, 2020

AMAF. A mnemonic i just coined from reading this article. Guess what it is. Thank so much Victoria

Β·
Β·2 replies
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Jul 11, 2020

Thanks! Sorry, I couldn't figure out your AMAF πŸ˜‚

Β·
Sree Gayathri Siddamsetti
May 21, 2021

A - Accountability M - Monitor A - Accessibility F - Feedback πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Β·
EfrΓ©n VΓ‘zquez
EfrΓ©n VΓ‘zquez
Sep 25, 2020

Sorry for commenting after so much, but this article is great. Right now I'm looking for some motivation for starting my own blog and this will definitely help me to do so.

Thanks you so much, Victoria!

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Sep 25, 2020

No problem! I'm glad my articles still help others after so long. Please feel free to share to anyone who needs it :) We all need that motivation after all~

Β·
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Oct 12, 2020

Thanks for sharing Victoria

Β·
May 21, 2021

Very thoughful...Thanks for writing Victoria Lo. I have recently started my blog and looking for feedback.

Please do check my blog, and I will be happy if you provide some feedback.

Β·
Β·2 replies
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·May 23, 2021

Sure thing! Thanks for reading! I've read an article from your blog. And it's fantastic! Well done 😊

Β·
May 23, 2021

Thank You soo much!! I feel very motivated to write when I get things like these. Thank You πŸ₯°Victoria Lo

Β·
prabanjan raja
prabanjan raja
May 29, 2021

Hello Victoria
It is a really nice article. I can relate with it so much 😊 I have recently started blogging, and I am not sure about my writing style. I want to know whether it is easy for others to understand, I just don't want to be the only person who can understand my blog πŸ˜…
So can you please check out my blog and share your opinions please. I will try to incorporate your every advice 😊

Β·
Β·2 replies
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·May 30, 2021

Thanks for reading prabanjan raja, your blog is great! Well-structured and easy to understand. Good job! Keep it up!

Some feedback: For the titles, please do not use acronyms such as "CP setup for VS Code". Write in full "Competitive Programming for Visual Studio Code". This is better for SEO and also, you can't assume everyone understands your acronym. It's better for your readers.

For your blog, please add an About page to invite readers to get to know you as a writer better. Read this article for inspiration and check out my Blogging Tips Series to help you get started 😊 Good luck!

Β·
prabanjan raja
prabanjan raja
May 30, 2021

Thanks Victoria Lo for taking the time and sharing your feedback. I will surely check out those articles you mentioned and all your future articles. Your blog is so amazing 🀩🀩

Β·
David Marshall
David Marshall
Sep 13, 2021

As someone who has done blogging elsewhere, I'm not sure I'll end up using my Hashnode account to write myself. However, this article did inspire me to create an account. Excited to go through your older material.

Cheers!

Β·
Β·5 replies
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Sep 14, 2021

Thanks David Marshall! Glad that you've joined the Hashnode community! I highly encourage blogging on Hashnode. You mentioned you have blogged elsewhere. But Hashnode will be an entirely different experience 😊 You will have control over your content, you can introduce yourself to a community of passionate techies and you get to be involved in a great community!

If you ever published your first article here, let me know and I'll be your first reader 😊 All the best, cheers!

Β·
David Marshall
David Marshall
Sep 14, 2021

Victoria Lo

Thanks! Trying to figure out how to navigate the website currently. Might try to do something later this week, just to test the waters.

Also, are you excited for Legends: Arceus? I won't be playing a lot of games until I'm done with my bootcamp, but it looks like a lot of fun!

Β·
David Marshall
David Marshall
Sep 16, 2021

Victoria Lo

PS: Ended up doing a post after all. Who knows what'll come, but thanks for the encouragement!

henshincoder.hashnode.dev/whats-the-harm-i…

Β·
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Sep 17, 2021

Awesome David Marshall! Will be checking out your blog in a bit. Been very busy lately πŸ˜… But TGIF!

P.S: Yes, yes and YES! Excited for Legends: Arceus. Really can't wait! Have pre-ordered that and while waiting, will be playing BDSP that will be coming out Nov 19~ 😊

Β·
David Marshall
David Marshall
Sep 17, 2021

Victoria Lo

Banish the thought! No need to apologize at all.

But yeah, Arceus looks like a lot of fun! It'll probably end up being a gift for myself when I complete my classes. In the meantime, I'll plod through Skyward Sword an hour at a time.

Β·
Momoh Tyler
Momoh Tyler
Aug 1, 2021

Thank you for the tips. ❀️❀️

Β·
Pradip Patil
Pradip Patil
Aug 29, 2021

Great read !! Thanks for sharing Victoria Lo. I recently started writing. Any suggestion?

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Sep 2, 2021

Hi Pradip Patil! Thanks for reading, feel free to check out my Blogging Tips series for beginner bloggers!

Β·
Sangeetha Karthik
Sangeetha Karthik
Sep 1, 2021

Great Article. Very insightful and inspiring. Love to read your articles. I just recently started blogging. Please check it out and provide feedback.

Β·
Β·2 replies
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Sep 2, 2021

Hi Sangeetha Karthik! I love your blog so far! The content you've written is great~

A small suggestion. Your Azure and Full Stack series don't have descriptions on them. It's better to let your readers know what the series is about so they know what to expect and can suggest future articles under the series for you. Also, because "Full Stack" is quite a broad term, it may confuse some people what's the focus of the series.

Also, consider adding an About page to show who you are as a writer. I recommend checking out this article to help you get started!

Other than that, great blog! Your articles are all well-structured with headers. You use bullet points when necessary. Code is well-formatted and clean. You have a good intro and conclusion. Well done! 😊

Β·
Sangeetha Karthik
Sangeetha Karthik
Sep 2, 2021

Victoria Lo Thanks Victoria for your valuable feedback. Thanks for taking time to check my blog and provide your inputs. Regarding series description, yes I am in the process of updating the same. Surely will work on creating an About page too. Thanks again!

Β·
Bob Vawter
Bob Vawter
Sep 10, 2021

Amazing blog, I am trying to prepare myself to write my first blog, yours is an inspiration!!

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Sep 14, 2021

Thanks Bob Vawter! Always glad that my blog has helped inspire many! I'm sure yours is going to be great! All the best to you!

Β·
Marko Denic
Marko Denic
Sep 29, 2021

Very good points, Victoria. I do blog a little, but I also added a few small tools to spice it up.

Thank you!

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Sep 30, 2021

Nice! I have checked out your blog and website Marko Denic! Really awesome 😊

Β·
Olubisi Idris Ayinde
Olubisi Idris Ayinde
Sep 30, 2021

Awesome Victoria Lo

Β·
Dhiraj Kumar
Dhiraj Kumar
Sep 30, 2021

Awesome thread Victoria. I have just started blogging few months ago.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Oct 4, 2021

Thanks Dhiraj Kumar! And congrats on starting your blogging journey! I see that you've published quite a few articles! That's amazing! Keep it up! Wishing you all the best 😊

Β·
Shiya li
Shiya li
Dec 23, 2021

Thanks Victoria!, for the tips, You have explained the importance of blogging in a cute way. I have Recently Joined Community, Will start soon...

Really a Nice one.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Dec 24, 2021

Thanks for reading Shiya li and welcome to the community~ 😊 Good luck on starting your journey!

Β·
Thamer X
Thamer X
Jan 31, 2022

Great work

Β·
Mr. Bud
Mr. Bud
Feb 6, 2022

Great article, thanks a lot for sharing Victoria Lo 🀩

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Feb 19, 2022

My pleasure Mr. Bud 😊😊

Β·
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Feb 11, 2022

I randomly stumbled upon this post. Thats it, I'm starting my own blog.

Thank you Victoria Lo

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Feb 19, 2022

Awesome Jorge Romero!! Thanks so much! 🀩

Β·
JD Lien
JD Lien
May 31, 2022

Hi Victoria, great article, you made a lot of valid points here which are some of the reasons I have started blogging and am also participating in the 2articles1week challenge.

By the way, a small typo I noticed: the quote is from Zig Ziglar (not Zaglar). I used to listen to his audio tapes a lot when I was younger β€” they were pretty great. :)

Β·
Β·1 reply
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Author
Β·Jun 3, 2022

Thanks for reading and for spotting the typo haha! Fixed! All the best in your 2articles1week challenge JD Lien! 🀩

Β·
krishna Kumar
krishna Kumar
Jan 2, 2023

Excellent article Victoria Lo, great points about why a developer should have to start writing.

Β·
Shah Manan
Shah Manan
May 26, 2022

Hi victoria,

I came across your articles recently. They are written in so elegant way. I want to learn how to use the graphic design which you do.

The writing in lo-victoria.com/about and lo-victoria.com/nerd-stuff is really mesmerizing.

could you please have a blog about it?

I have followed you over linked in please let me know about it. I want to learn.

Β·
Shubham Sigdar
Shubham Sigdar
Jun 9, 2022

Thanku Victoria Lo

Β·
Somtochuwku Nnalue Leroy
Somtochuwku Nnalue Leroy
Jun 24, 2022

Thanks Victoria,

What were the technologies you used to build your personal blog?

Β·
Vincent Chosen
Vincent Chosen
Jun 30, 2022

Thanks for this content Victoria, it's really helpful ❀️

Β·
A.C. Apps
A.C. Apps
Jan 23, 2023

This is a great blog, Victoria πŸ˜„

I want to start my own blog soon.

I will definitely be checking out your blogging series.

Β·
kavin  santhosh
kavin  santhosh
Apr 7, 2023

getting started on HashNode. My first Article is yours. So nice.

Β·
JannikT1
JannikT1
Jul 13, 2023

arst

Β·
Β·1 reply
JannikT1
JannikT1
Jul 13, 2023

tst

Β·